Telephoning works with the skills and language required to conduct successful phone calls in English.
The units cover:
- focus on listening
- making calls
- receiving calls
- receiving and leaving messages
- dealing with problems
- conference calls
Six core units contain:
- warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
- a needs analysis helps learners think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal helps students monitor their learning during the course
- a review helps consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section lists the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Telephoning is designed for classroom use but is also suitable for self-study.