E-mailing aims to develop both the skills and language needed to write effective business emails in English.
The units cover:
- getting started
- structuring your message
- being clear and concise
- choosing the right level of formality
- getting the tone right
- checking before you send
Six core units contain:
- warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
In addition, the book contains:
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Emailing is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.