Unlocking Self-expression through NLP
Integrated skills activities
ISBN 9783125016019 | Pages 96
Unlocking self-expression through NLP, part of the
Professional Perspectives series
, offers you over a hundred activities that create the need and the desire in the students to express themselves, be it in speech or in writing.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming is the study of human experience, focusing on mind-body connection, on language as a mirror of the inner
being and on the fact that much of our experience is mediated by powerful internal programmes we are not normally aware of.
Talking about newly-felt, newly-apprehended sensations and ideas through English gradually changes the learner's relationship to the language:
The activities are divided up into sections that go from Warmers to Exam Preparation, from Vocabulary work to Integrated Skills practice, through strategies such as Introspection, Questionnaires, Roleplay and Storytelling.
- A real desire to talk and write
- An improved realtionship with the target language
- A growing sense of ownership of the target language
- A growth in psychological awareness
- A more accurate awareness of classmates and a growth of respect for them