Trinity CertTESOL Companion
A guide for English language teachers
ISBN 9783125016231 | Pages 238
Out of print. Find the new edition here.
Trinity CertTESOL Companion is the ideal companion for any trainee English language teacher preparing for the Trinity CertTESOL course.
Trinity CertTESOL Companion can be used both as pre-course preparation and as a supplement to the training on the course. It sets trainee teachers firmly on the path to becoming capable and independent English language teachers.
Contents: The book consists of five core units which mirror the five units of the CertTESOL syllabus together with three supplementary units to assist trainees before, during and after the course.
Each unit includes a number of key features to model and support best practice in teacher education:
• Learning opportunities provided at the beginning of the unit;
• A review activity at the end of the unit to enable self-evaluation of the learning opportunities;
• 'Pause for Thought' activities at several stages within each unit to help trainees reflect on what they are reading in order to consolidate learning;
• Real quotes from CertTESOL trainers and former trainees to provide advice and build confidence.
Other features include:
• An extensive reference unit entitled 'The Knowledge' including information on CertTESOL pass criteria, English language exams and key aspects of grammar that trainee teachers need to know;
• A recommended reading list and a selection of pre-course preparation tasks;
• An overview of EFL methodologies and theory which links to the different units/requirements of the CertTESOL;
• Help with lesson planning (including model plan) and structuring assignments;
• A full glossary of educational/ELT terminology and an index.