B1 - C2
IELTS Games and Activities: Speaking and Writing
Focus and fun for the IELTS classroom
Book with photocopiable activities
ISBN 9783125015708 | Pages 144
IELTS Games and Activities: Speaking and Writing offers a wide range of photocopiable communicative and collaborative games and activities for the IELTS preparation classroom. The refreshingly creative ideas and innovative worksheets are all designed with the requirements of the Speaking and Writing modules in mind. The games and activities not only help keep student motivation levels
up, but they focus on developing skills and language in the following IELTS assessment categories: lexical resources, grammatical range and accuracy, coherence and cohesion, and task achievement.
This book is primarily intended for IELTS teachers and their students, but can be used in a range
of teaching situations.
IELTS Games and Activities: Speaking and Writing includes:
- IELTS familiarization: activities designed to help students build confidence and awareness of the exam requirements
- Expressing your ideas: focus on finding different ways of talking about ideas and arguments
- Writing Task 1: reporting factual data based on graphs, charts and images, describing and comparing data, describing processes
- Writing Task 2: presenting a clear, well-structured argument , backing arguments up with evidence and examples, analysing problems and offering solutions, exploring causes and highlighting effects, weighing up advantages and disadvantages
- Speaking: a wide range of functional language to help students communicate effectively and meet the requirements of the assessment categories