Ideas in Action: Activities for Task-Based Learning
provides EFL teachers with a balance of theoretical insights and engaging tasks that can be used immediately. Activities for Task-Based Learning helps teachers ensure that meaningful communication takes priority over focusing on pre-selected language forms.
This book is primarily intended for the general English adult and
teenage classroom, but the ideas can be adapted for most teaching situations.
Activities for Task-Based Learning:
Additional features and resources include:
- is dedicated to tasks created especially with TBL in mind
- offers a variety of text reconstruction activities
- offers strategies for helping capture and exploit emergent language
- provides suggestions for designing consciousness-raising tasks
- photocopiable worksheets accompanying most tasks
- variation, extension, task repetition suggestions
- authentic recordings available for free on the DELTA Augmented app
- language feedback options
- follow-up suggestions