- Activity Book
- Pupil's Book
- Teacher's Book
|Authors:||Judy West, Hilary Thompson|
|Level:||Kindergarten / pre-A1|
|Tags:||Kindergarten, pre-A1, Young Learners|
Say Hello is a new two-level Kindergarten English course for four- to five-year-olds. The course is written by Judy West, who has extensive experience in both teaching and writing materials for young learners.
Say Hello is based around two engaging characters Tom and Polly together with their friend Ben the Bear. At the heart of the methodology lies an emphasis on child-centered activities, and the puppet of Ben the Bear plays a key part in these. Learning is introduced through a range of short and lively activities, these include listening and speaking, listening and pointing, singing and chanting, and playing games involving simple responses in English.
The songs, chants and games that feature throughout the course provide opportunities for repetition, enable pupils to try out the language in a fun and secure way, and encourage interaction and movement. Each unit also offers opportunities for colouring, tracing and a craft activity, encouraging participation and manual dexterity.
Level 1 introduces basic phonic awareness with Professor Bunny. Children practise initial phonemes of words they are beginning to recognise. In Level 2 all alphabet phonemes are introduced and early blending is introduced. Letter formation and recognition are also developed in Level 2.
Say Hello comprises easy-to-teach material and at both levels includes a comprehensive Teacher’s book with excellent support for less experienced teachers of English. There are detailed lesson by lesson guides including lesson aims, warm ups, games, extension ideas, home activity suggestions and teaching tips. Additional teacher resources include a Multi-Rom of the Audio materials and a range of Interactive Whiteboard materials, a pack of flashcards and a Ben the Bear puppet.
- Pupil’s Books Levels 1 & 2 consist of 10 units, each unit containing eight lessons. Also feature a picture dictionary and board games.
- Playbooks Levels 1 & 2 include twenty pages of fun games, puzzles, drawing and colouring activities, plus a 10 page insert in thicker card with craft objects to cut and make.
- Teacher’s Books Levels 1 & 2 provide detailed lesson by lesson guides including lesson aims, warm ups, games, extension ideas, home activity suggestions and teaching tips.
- Multi-Roms Levels 1 & 2 include the audio materials and Interactive Whiteboard software, including animated versions of songs and a variety of interactive activities to reinforce and extend learning in a fun way. (packaged with the Teacher’s Books)
- Level 1 Pack of 57 A5 double-sided, full-colour flashcards featuring numbers, colours, characters and vocabulary from Say Hello Level 1 on one side and words on the other & Ben the Bear puppet.
- Level 2 Pack of 63 A5 double-sided, full-colour flashcards featuring numbers, colours, characters and vocabulary from Say Hello Level 2 on one side and words on the other.
|Activity Book||Level 1 978-1-905085-74-3 Level 2 978-1-905085-77-4|
|Pupil's Book||Level 1 978-1-905085-73-6 Level 2 978-1-905085-76-7|
|Teacher's Book||Teacher's book with Multi-Rom Level 1 978-1-905085-75-0 Flashcards & Puppet Pack Level 1 978-1-905085-79-8 Teacher's Book with Multi-Rom Level 2 978-1-905085-78-1 Flashcards Level 2 978-1-905085-83-5|