Photocopiable activities to make language learning fun
- Resource Book
|Tags:||ELT games, speaking games, speaking skills|
From the author of the bestselling Role Plays for Today and Teamwork, Speaking Games is a new photocopiable resource book of 50 speaking games for teachers of English to use in class with both adult and teenage learners. It provides teachers with original, effective and enjoyable activities that focus on developing the learners’ ability to use language confidently in real-world situations. It includes a wide variety of activities which get learners speaking on topics of interest while injecting energy, fun and motivation into a class.
- is easy to print, use and recycle
- is presented in a double-page spread of instructions and resources
- includes a ‘Rules of the Game’ handout, to be used as an authentic reading opportunity
Speaking Games is divided into four sections:
- Board Games – photocopiable boards for games such as Snakes and Ladders or Scrabble
- Card Games – photocopiable cards that are cut up and used either as questions or prompts
- Secrets and Lies – activities that involve either guessing secret information or guessing whether a speaker is being honest or not
- Quizzes, Puzzles and Challenges – including well-known quiz show formats, such as Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, problem solving puzzles, brainteasers and activities that challenge learners to use language accurately while speaking fluently
'highly-inventive...many activities are not only fun but also useful for B1-C1 language learners'
EL Gazette, May 2015 PDF
'I believe that teachers who wish to encourage speaking in their lessons and to ensure the enthusiastic participation of the whole class will find this an invaluable resource.'
ETP Issue 98, May 2015 PDF
'To sum up, this is a great resource book to have on your shelf. You can use it to spice up lessons on almost anything and to complement any textbook you are using. For free practice and speaking at intermediate level and above, the 50 photocopiable activities will definitely liven up any class.'
ELTAF Newsletter, Summer 2015 PDF
'I believe this book is an incredible resource and I thank the author for bringing it to our shelves! It is practical for the teacher, as the games are straightforward and easy to explain. The activities are also engaging for the student because they are not the same old thing; they are full of creative ideas with lots of pictures and offer up many opportunities for meaningful communication.'
IATEFL Voices Issue 247, November-December 2015 PDF
'This book opens the door to an abundance of easily accessible and well thought-out games that can serve as stand-alone lessons or act as excellent supplementary material...I can say with confidence that the book contains engaging activities which promote fluency, vocabulary acquisition, interactional competence and student confidence.'
Edward Van Der Aar
English Australia Journal Volume 31 No 1 https://www.englishaustralia.com.au, Autumn 2015 PDF
|Photocopiable Resource Book||9781905085989|