IELTS Advantage: Writing Skills
|Authors:||Richard Brown, Lewis Richards|
|Level:||B2-C1 / IELTS 6.5-7.0|
|Published:||Forthcoming September 2011|
IELTS Advantage: Writing Skills is a fully comprehensive resource for passing the writing section of the IELTS exam with a grade of 6.5-7.0 or higher. Students are guided step-by-step through the different tasks in the writing module, using material developed in the classroom, by authors with many years’ experience in helping hundreds of IELTS candidates achieve a high IELTS score.
IELTS Advantage: Writing Skills:
- shows students how to organise and structure an answer for all types of task 1 and 2 questions
- contains a model essay in each unit, showing students exactly what is required
- contains a general interest article in each unit, developing ideas and vocabulary for a common topic in the exam
- quickly develops students’ fluency and confidence in producing pieces of writing through a focus on academic vocabulary and collocations
- contains grammar exercises in each unit, showing students how to apply a wide range of grammar items in their IELTS writing
- Suitable for classroom study or self-study
- Includes answer key
- Real writing samples from IELTS students, with examiners’ comments, show in detail what is required to achieve a 6.5, for example
- Frequent exam tips help students achieve a higher score
- Check and challenge sections allow students to revise material and take their writing to the next level
I would recommend this book. I was impressed with its content, layout and advice and think this will be an invaluable resource for any student looking to improve their writing skills and gain a solid IELTS writing mark.
http://edition.tefl.net/reviews/esl-exams/ielts-advantage-writing-skills/, January 2012 PDF
The authors' expertise is evident throughout; highly recommended.
EL Gazette, February 2012 PDF
I believe this is the best book to prepare students for the IELTS Writing paper. This highly flexible book is packed with all the ingredients likely to lead to a high band score. It is just splendid! The teacher can pick and choose to target their lessons to their students’ needs.
, August 2012 PDF
I wish I had had a copy of this book when I was teaching Academic IELTS Writing!
Angie L. Schroeder
IATEFL Voices 228, September-October 2012 PDF
Overall, this book does exactly what it sets out to do - it provides very thorough and methodical development of a student's writing skills and is absolutely focused on the IELTS exam.
Journal of the IATEFL ESP SIG, Winter 2012-Spring 2013 PDF