IELTS Advantage: Speaking & Listening Skills
|Level:||B2-C1 / IELTS 6.5-7.0|
IELTS Advantage: Speaking & Listening Skills is a comprehensive resource for achieving 6.5 or higher in the Speaking and Listening modules of the IELTS exam. Students are guided step-by-step through the different stages of the speaking and listening modules, using lively material covering a wide range of the topics that are likely to occur in the exam.
The step-by-step approach guides students to success using features such as Try it first!, Spotlight on language, Exam skills, Prepare and practise and Pronunciation focus. There are plentiful exam-practice opportunities, and students can compare model speaking tests with their own versions in order to acquire further useful ideas and strategies.
IELTS Advantage: Speaking & Listening Skills:
- shows students how to give the well-structured, detailed replies that examiners are looking for in the speaking module
- contains numerous audio examples of model speaking test performances on the accompanying CD
- covers a wide range of the key grammar and vocabulary that students will need to give their best possible performance in the exam
- advises on strategies for getting the best possible score on the day of the exam
- explains the formats of the listening module, and how to answer them successfully
- includes exam practice material covering all parts of the listening module
- includes audio exam practice material for the listening module
- Suitable for classroom study or self-study
- Includes audio CD, audio transcripts and answer key
- Four full-length speaking test role-plays covering topics which commonly appear in the exam
- Frequent exam tips to help students achieve a higher score
- Check-and-challenge sections allow students to revise material and take their skills to the next level
This B2-C1 book has a very specific focus: it is a resource for achieving a score of 6.5 or higher in the IELTS speaking and listening modules. It achieves this aim well.
EL Gazette, November 2013 PDF