Master the key communication skills required in international business English
|Series:||Delta Business Communication Skills|
|Level:||Pre-intermediate - Intermediate / B1-B2|
|Tags:||B1-B2, business, communication, conversation, self-study|
Telephoning works with the skills and language required to conduct successful phone calls in English.
The units cover:
- focus on listening
- making calls
- receiving calls
- receiving and leaving messages
- dealing with problems
- conference calls
Telephoning provides six core units, each containing these sections:
- warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
In addition, the book contains:
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Telephoning is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.
This book integrates language work, business skills and telephone work, and works well on all three levels.
IATEFL/BESIG Business Issues, PDF