Master the key communication skills required in international business English
|Authors:||Susan Lowe, Louise Pile|
|Series:||Delta Business Communication Skills|
|Level:||Pre-intermediate - Intermediate / B1-B2|
|Tags:||B1-B2, business, communication, self-study|
At some time or other most of us have to make a presentation of some sort. Speaking to an audience can be a very challenging experience in one’s own language, let alone in a foreign one.
Presenting addresses both the skills and the language required for giving effective presentations.
The six units cover:
- The first few minutes.
- Using equipment.
- Organising what you want to say.
- Maintaining interest.
- Dealing with problems and questions.
- Summarising and concluding.
Presenting provides six core units, each containing these sections:
- warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
In addition, the book contains:
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Presenting is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.