Master the key communication skills required in international business English
|Series:||Delta Business Communication Skills|
|Level:||Pre-intermediate - Intermediate / B1-B2|
|Tags:||B1-B2, business, communication, self-study|
Everyone has to attend meetings as part of everyday business life – and many of these meetings are conducted in English.
Meetings aims to help learners of Business English develop the skills and language needed to participate in meetings where English is the medium of communication, whether listening to other participants, making points or acting as chair.
The book practices language and skills in the following areas:
- Opening a meeting
- Presenting information
- Explaining and clarifying
- Agreeing and disagreeing
- Summarizing and closing
Meetings is designed to help learners at pre-intermediate and intermediate levels master the key communication skills required in international business English today. It provides six core units, each containing these sections:
- warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
In addition, the book contains:
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Meetings is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.
The book is definitely recommended for any student required to take part in meetings in which English is used.
Dr Natasa Bakic-Miric
Modern English Teacher, Volume 19 No.2, April 2010 PDF
This is a slim volume that punches above its weight. (...) Clear, concise, and to the point, this one is choc-full of highly relevant functional language.
ETAS Journal, Spring 2011 PDF