Master the key communication skills required in international business English
|Series:||Delta Business Communication Skills|
|Level:||Pre-intermediate - Intermediate / B1-B2|
|Tags:||B1-B2, business, communication, self-study|
E-mailing aims to develop both the skills and language needed to write effective business emails in English.
The units cover:
- getting started
- structuring your message
- being clear and concise
- choosing the right level of formality
- getting the tone right
- checking before you send
Emailing provides six core units, each containing these sections:
- warmer to raise awareness of the skills involved in effective communication and to introduce different strategies for developing these skills.
- presentation and practice of core language connected to each skill.
- over to you, which allows students to apply what they have learned to their real-life work situation.
In addition, the book contains:
- a needs analysis to help learners to think about their strengths and weaknesses in English and to identify and prioritize their learning needs
- a personal learning journal to help students monitor their learning during the course
- a review to help consolidate the language work students have done in each unit
- a reference section listing the vocabulary, grammar and phrases covered in each unit
- an answer key, including suggested answers and audio scripts
Emailing is designed for classroom use, but is also suitable for self-study.
This book would easily supplement a business course or would be useful by itself for business people wanting to polish up their skills whether in class or at home in this ever evolving field of communication.
IATEFL/BESIG Business Issues, PDF