Absolute Financial English
A practical and stimulating coursebook which prepares candidates for Cambridge ICFE
- Audio CD
|Level:||Cambridge ESOL ICFE / B2-C1|
|Tags:||B2-C1, business, ICFE, self-study|
Absolute Financial English is a new coursebook for students following a course of study in Financial English, written in particular for candidates preparing for Cambridge ICFE.
Written by Julie Pratten it contains 10 units which provide over 60 hours of teaching material. Each unit is divided into four sections with each section covering one of the four skills; closely following the organization of Cambridge ICFE.
Absolute Financial English contains an introductory unit which describes the ICFE exam in detail including an introduction to each paper.
Absolute Financial English includes a SKILLS focus and an EXAM focus in every section of each unit, so both language and exam skills are introduced and practiced in a stimulating and methodical way.
Absolute Financial English provides extensive practice of the text types and tasks featured in the exam.
Absolute Financial English contains tips and hints to assist candidates with each section of the exam.
Absolute Financial English focuses on training, not testing.
Absolute Financial English can be used successfully in class and also for self-study.
Absolute Financial English comes with an Audio CD and includes a Language Bank of Useful Language, as well as all tape scripts and the answer key.
- About the exam Introduction to the four ICFE papers / Exam hints / Time Management
- Unit 1 Introduction to ICFE Accounting Standards / Accuracy of Accounts / History of Accounting
- Unit 2 The Financial Environment Financial Institutions / Developments in Accountancy / Chartered Accountancy
- Unit 3 Accounting systems Accounting Qualifications / Accounting Software / Accounting Interviews
- Unit 4 Company Performance Financial Statements / Company Reporting / Disclosure
- Unit 5 Auditing Basic Auditing Principles / European and US system / Harmonization
- Unit 6 Ethics Accounting Ethics / Ethical Reporting Principles / Sarbanes-Oxley
- Unit 7 Fraud Corporate Fraud / Changes in Accounting Law / Forensic Accounting
- Unit 8 Banking Financial Reporting of Central Banks / Banking Supervision / The Credit Crunch
- Unit 9 Insurance Key Insurance terms / Principles of Insurance Accounting / Regulatory Framework of Insurance
- Unit 10 Bankruptcy Language of Bankruptcy / The Role of Insolvency Practitioners / Debt
Absolute Financial English is a well-designed and very targeted tool and I feel that a competent student who has worked through its contents would be well-trained not only in the lexis of the financial world but also in the format of ICFE.
Eileen McDonald (www.ettp.de)
ELTAF Newsletter, November 2009 PDF
The author has impressive credentials, having designed and implemented specialist training for bankers and financial experts.
EL Gazette, July 2009 PDF
It is a common stereotype that accountants are boring, according to a survey mentioned in this textbook. Luckily, the material presented here is interesting.
Business Spotlight , May 2009 PDF
|Coursebook with Audio CD||978-1-905085-28-6|