World Book Day Competition!
Tuesday 1 March 2016
To celebrate World Book Day we are offering you the opportunity to be one of 3 winners of copies of the groundbreaking Teaching children how to learn by Gail Ellis & Nayr Ibrahim and Storytelling With Our Students by David Heathfield. To enter this competition simply like our World Book Day Facebook post here!
In March and April we are also offering two free story and book related resources in our Delta Downloads area:
Wilbur’s storybook recommendations is ideal for teachers who want to introduce children to the magical world of storybooks, with a friendly bookworm called Wilbur recommending more than 50 storybooks, giving you a synopsis and introduction to each one. Wilbur’s storybook recommendations, taken from Teaching children how to learn, also includes a storybook record template, which the authors recommend completing as you use these and other storybooks in your classroom.
Imagining and improvising is an activity which accompanies Aldar Kose Tricks the Bai, the best-known Kazak folk tale about the popular legendary hero, Aldar Kose. The activity is a creative means of getting students into the story, encouraging them to do improvised drama roleplay based on information you give them about characters and events. This activity is taken from Storytelling With Our Students, which encourages the use of storytelling in the classroom to build confidence, develop language skills and encourage speaking and listening fluency.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The World Book Day competition will run from 1st March 2016 and close at midnight on Sunday 17th April 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
2. The winner will be announced on Delta Publishing UK’s page on Monday 18th April.
3. The promoter is Delta Publishing Ltd.
4. The rules of the competition and the prize are as follows:
– To enter the competition an individual must LIKE the competition post on Delta Publishing UK’s Facebook page.
– Three winners will be selected at random to win a copy of Teaching children how to learn and Storytelling With Our Students.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice should events outside of the promoter’s control occur. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
7. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
8. The winners will be announced and notified via Delta Publishing UK’s Facebook page within 28 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. The winners agree to the use of his/her name on Delta Publishing UK’s Facebook page when the winners are announced.
10.By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Delta Publishing Ltd and not to any other party.
Delta Development Blog
This blog will be updated at least once a week, so add it to your bookmarks. You can also subscribe to the feed to be notified when it's updated.
Meet the Bloggers
- Bob Dignen & Steve Flinders (February to April 2013)
- Hania Kryszewska & Paul Davis (April to June 2012)
- Louis Rogers (January to March 2012)
- Ken Paterson (December 2011 to February 2012)
- Richard Brown & Lewis Richards (September to November 2011)
- Liz Walter & Kate Woodford (September to October 2011)
- Kyle Mawer & Graham Stanley (April to August 2011)
- Nik Peachey (from November 2010)
- Nicky Hockly (September & October 2010)
- Julie Pratten (July & August 2010)
- Gill Johnson (April 2010)
- Chaz Pugliese (March 2010)
- Luke Meddings (August 2009)
- Lindsay Clandfield (July 2009)
- Duncan Foord (June 2009)
- Scott Thornbury (May 2009)
The Developing Teacher
The Developing Teacher has been awarded the 2009 Duke of Edinburgh/ESU Award for Best Entry for Teachers. The Developing Teacher suggests that teachers themselves are the most powerful agents of change and development in their own professional career.
Part of the Delta Teacher Development Series. Being Creative takes you on a journey that reveals how all teachers have the potential to become creative. Whether you are experienced or new to the classroom, Being Creative allows your teaching to take flight.
The Book of Pronunciation
Part of the multi-award-winning Delta Teacher Development Series. The Book of Pronunciation is a definitive account of the key role pronunciation plays in teaching and learning, providing a highly authoritative but hugely accessible overview of the essential elements of English pronunciation as well as a wide range of classroom practice.
Culture in our Classrooms
Part of the Delta Teacher Development Series. Culture in our Classrooms acknowledges the role of culture in the English Language Teaching classroom and provides lesson content which is relevant, useful and engaging for students.
Teaching Unplugged was awarded the British Council 2010 ELTons UK Award for Innovation. Teaching Unplugged is the first book to deal comprehensively with the approach in English Language Teaching known as Dogme ELT.
The Company Words Keep
Part of the multi-award-winning Delta Teacher Development Series. The Company Words Keep is a practical and thought-provoking guide for language teachers, showing how the latest insights into “language chunks” can lead to learners acquiring natural and fluent English.
Teaching Online is essential reading for any teacher interested in online teaching and course delivery. It deals comprehensively with both the tools and the techniques necessary for online language instruction.
The Business English Teacher
From the multi-award-winning DELTA TEACHER DEVELOPMENT SERIES. The Business English Teacher is a book not only for teachers who are thinking of making a career move into the field of business English teaching but also for those who would like to increase their skills and develop their potential.
DIGITAL PLAY - 2012 ELTONS WINNER IN INNOVATION IN TEACHER RESOURCES! Digital Play is a pioneering book on the use of computer games in language teaching. Authors Kyle and Graham are experts in teaching with technology and training teachers in innovative classroom practice.
11 Feb 16
8 Jan 16
2 Jul 15
16 Jun 15
2 Jun 15
29 Apr 15
10 Apr 15
8 Apr 15
1 Apr 15
13 Mar 15
13 Feb 15
30 Jan 15
16 Jan 15
11 Dec 14
27 Nov 14