Ben the Bear’s Top 10 Picturebooks!
Thursday 2 July 2015
This summer Ben the Bear, the loveable leading character in our Say Hello Kindergarten English course, is sharing his top ten favourite picturebooks for reading with children in the pre-school English classroom, as well as offering a chance to win them!
Download Ben the Bear’s Top 10 Picturebooks here, which also includes Sandie Mourão’s 10 excellent reasons for using English stories in the classroom with young learners. Sandie also writes in detail about how to get the most from these picturebooks in her blog.
To enter the competition to win a set of all 10 picturebooks in Ben the Bear’s Top Ten Picturebooks, as well as a set of Say Hello, simply LIKE the competition post on our Facebook page. We’d also love to read your comments and see your photos of what your favourite picturebooks are!
Competition closes 1st September.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Delta Publishing Ltd.
2. The rules of the competition and the prize are as follows:
– To enter the competition an individual must LIKE the competition post on Delta Publishing UK’s Facebook page.
– One winner will be selected at random to win a set of all ten picturebooks mentioned in the Ben the Bear’s Top Ten Picturebooks PDF here.
3. Closing date for entry will be 1st September 2015. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice should events outside of the promoter’s control occur. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
6. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
7. The winner will be announced and notified via Delta Publishing UK’s Facebook page within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
8. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name on Delta Publishing UK’s Facebook page when the winner is announced.
9. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Delta Publishing Ltd and not to any other party.
Delta Development Blog
This blog will be updated at least once a week, so add it to your bookmarks. You can also subscribe to the feed to be notified when it's updated.
Meet the Bloggers
- Bob Dignen & Steve Flinders (February to April 2013)
- Hania Kryszewska & Paul Davis (April to June 2012)
- Louis Rogers (January to March 2012)
- Ken Paterson (December 2011 to February 2012)
- Richard Brown & Lewis Richards (September to November 2011)
- Liz Walter & Kate Woodford (September to October 2011)
- Kyle Mawer & Graham Stanley (April to August 2011)
- Nik Peachey (from November 2010)
- Nicky Hockly (September & October 2010)
- Julie Pratten (July & August 2010)
- Gill Johnson (April 2010)
- Chaz Pugliese (March 2010)
- Luke Meddings (August 2009)
- Lindsay Clandfield (July 2009)
- Duncan Foord (June 2009)
- Scott Thornbury (May 2009)
DIGITAL PLAY - 2012 ELTONS WINNER IN INNOVATION IN TEACHER RESOURCES! Digital Play is a pioneering book on the use of computer games in language teaching. Authors Kyle and Graham are experts in teaching with technology and training teachers in innovative classroom practice.
The Company Words Keep
Part of the multi-award-winning Delta Teacher Development Series. The Company Words Keep is a practical and thought-provoking guide for language teachers, showing how the latest insights into “language chunks” can lead to learners acquiring natural and fluent English.
Culture in our Classrooms
Part of the Delta Teacher Development Series. Culture in our Classrooms acknowledges the role of culture in the English Language Teaching classroom and provides lesson content which is relevant, useful and engaging for students.
Part of the Delta Teacher Development Series. Being Creative takes you on a journey that reveals how all teachers have the potential to become creative. Whether you are experienced or new to the classroom, Being Creative allows your teaching to take flight.
The Developing Teacher
The Developing Teacher has been awarded the 2009 Duke of Edinburgh/ESU Award for Best Entry for Teachers. The Developing Teacher suggests that teachers themselves are the most powerful agents of change and development in their own professional career.
Teaching Unplugged was awarded the British Council 2010 ELTons UK Award for Innovation. Teaching Unplugged is the first book to deal comprehensively with the approach in English Language Teaching known as Dogme ELT.
The Business English Teacher
From the multi-award-winning DELTA TEACHER DEVELOPMENT SERIES. The Business English Teacher is a book not only for teachers who are thinking of making a career move into the field of business English teaching but also for those who would like to increase their skills and develop their potential.
Teaching Online is essential reading for any teacher interested in online teaching and course delivery. It deals comprehensively with both the tools and the techniques necessary for online language instruction.
The Book of Pronunciation
Part of the multi-award-winning Delta Teacher Development Series. The Book of Pronunciation is a definitive account of the key role pronunciation plays in teaching and learning, providing a highly authoritative but hugely accessible overview of the essential elements of English pronunciation as well as a wide range of classroom practice.
11 Feb 16
8 Jan 16
2 Jul 15
16 Jun 15
2 Jun 15
29 Apr 15
10 Apr 15
8 Apr 15
1 Apr 15
13 Mar 15
13 Feb 15
30 Jan 15
16 Jan 15
11 Dec 14
27 Nov 14